No Longer Updating AmbientWeather.net beginning September 5, 2018
On September 5, 2018, AmbientWeather.net moved the website to a different hosting service.
This may cause updates to cease if the DNS is cached on your device, network (router) or the Internet.
One symptom is the dashboard stops updating, but the graphs continue to update.
To resolve this issue:
- Reboot your device:
– Remove AC power
– Wait 10 seconds
– Plug AC power back in
- Roboot your router (remove and reconnect AC power).
- Give it time for your network to resolve the DNS cache issue.
- If the problem persists, restore your device to factory default per the use manual.
The reasons we updated hosting services:
- We moved to a service that provides for a static IP address. This means no more DNS issues in the future.
- The new hosting service is faster, better supported with tools, and scalable to the rapid growth of users.