WiFi Firmware Update and Changes, WS-2902A, WS-2902B, WS-2902C, WS-2000 and WS-5000
- Adds path for custom server setup.
- Able to upload Co2 sensor data
- Fixes issues with connecting to Arris, Asus and several other routers.
- Supports alert if leak detector is offline for 10 minutes.
- WS-5000: Supports low battery indicator push to AmbientWeather.net server.
- Supports leak detector, soil moisture sensor data push to AmbientWeather.net server.
- Supports lightning detection data to AmbientWeather.net (Model WS-2000 and WS-5000 only).
- Supports leak detection data to AmbientWeather.net (Model WS-2000 and WS-5000 only).
- Supports soil moisture data to AmbientWeather.net (Model WS-2000 and WS-5000 only).
- Supports PM2.5 indoor sensor data to AmbientWeather.net (Model WS-2000 and WS-5000 only).
- Improves pairing with Android 9 OS phone.
- Fixes low battery bug for PM2.5 (Model WS-2000 and WS-5000 only). It would falsely alarm the low battery alert.
- Firmware improves RF sensitivity.
- WiFi setup user interface improved.
- Console setup user interface improved (WS-2000 only).
- Bug fixed with UART0 communication (WS-2000 only).
- Improved data stream to AmbientWeather.net
- Corrected low battery bug for PM2.5. It would falsely alarm the low battery alert (WS-2000 only).
- RAM optimized (WS-2000 only).
- Rain calculation algorithm optimized (WS-2000 only).
- Backlight on/off control algorithm improved (WS-2000 only).
- Model WS-2000 only. Fixes low battery bug introduced in 4.1.2 for PM2.5 sensor.
- Model WS-2000 only. PM2.5, PM2.5_24h and its low battery, soil moisture sensor data push supported.
- Model WS-2000 only. Adds support for PM2.5 sensor to AmbientWeather.net
- Fixes rounding and sign error when temperature is between -10 and 0 degF.
- One customer reported their weather station would go offline every day at Midnight, so we rolled back the SDK but kept all of the other fixes in 4.0.9 until we can further evaluate the SDK.
- SDK is updated to official release 3.3.1. The WiFi connection is much faster and more stable.
- Time sync ping changed from Wunderground to AWS. The AWS time server is much more reliable.
- Weathercloud ID and password are verified for exactly 16 and 32 bytes, otherwise, no connection is attempted.
- Some customers reported WiFi disconnecting at Midnight. We were resetting the WiFi module every night to force a reconnect once per day, but we removed this logic.
- Fixed bug where temperature was set to 0.0 and Midnight.
- WiFi SDK update.
- After DNS lookup is verified, it will ping once per minute.
- Previous to Firmware Version 4.0.3, DNS queries were performed every 5 seconds, which was excessive.
- With Version 4.0.3, DNS queries are now performed once every 15 minutes.