I Cannot Connect My WS-2902A, WS-2902B, WS-2902C To WiFi, Apple or iOS.
- Look for the WiFi icon in the time field of the weather station console. Make sure this WiFi icon is on. If it is on, you already connected to WiFi.
- The WS-2902A will not connect to a Guest Account.
- If you have repeaters and they have the same name or SSID, power off the repeater(s).
- If you own a Mesh Network (examples, Orbi, eero or Google), temporarily turn off all of the secondary nodes, leaving only the primary node (the node connected to the Internet) powered up.If you use a Virtual Private Network (VPN), temporarily turn this off.
- To connect your console to your wireless router and the Internet, you must first download the awnet app to your phone or tablet. The awnet app is only a console configuration tool and is not used to view your live data.The app is available here:Apple iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/awnet/id1341994564
Note: The most common mistake is to download the AmbientTool app, which is designed for the first generation WS-2902.
- When you first open up the awnet app please make sure you select ‘Allow While Using App‘. If you DO NOT select ‘Allow While Using App‘ then your iphone will not connect and you will need to uninstall then reinstall the awnet app
- Press and hold the WIND + and PRESSURE – buttons at the same time for four seconds. (2) The WiFi icon will begin flashing rapidly and the characters M-B will flash, indicating the console is broadcasting a WiFi signal.
- Prior to running the awnet app, make sure your phone is connected to your router. If you own a dual band router, and the SSIDs (router name) are different for the two different bands, make sure you select the 2.4 GHz Band.
- Run the Ambient Weather awnet app , and select Add a Device:
- Proceed through the awnet wizard following the instructions at the bottom. On the fourth panel, select enter the WiFi password. Make sure the correct SSID or router is already entered:
- If you continue to have an issue, try a different android or apple device. The most common issue is typing it in wrong if you own and Apple, or not selecting it when you Scan Devices on and Android.